Delete, Cancel and Terminate Facebook Account and Profile
- Sign in to Facebook account.
- Click on Account link on the top right corner.
- On the “Settings” tab (click on Settings if you’re not already there), click on deactivate at the end of “Deactivate Account” line.
- “Confirm Facebook Account Deactivation” page will load. Select one
of the reasons why you want to delete your Facebook account, such as I don’t feel safe on the site, I spend too much time using Facebook, I have another Facebook account, This is temporary. I’ll be back, I need to fix something in my account, I don’t understand how to use the site, I receive too many emails from Facebook, I don’t find Facebook useful or Facebook is resulting in social drama for me. If you have some special reason on why you want to terminate your Facebook account not listed in the list, click on Other and type in your own explanation in the text box provided.
- If you no longer want to receive any invite, notification of friend requests, tag in photos, or ask you to join groups from Facebook, click and tick the check box of Opt out of receiving emails from Facebook. option to opt out and NOT receive these email invitations and notifications from your friends.
- Click on Deactivate button.
- Once the Facebook account is deactivated, the following message will appear:
Your Facebook account has been deactivated.
To reactivate your account, simply log in as you normally would, and we’ll send you a reactivation email.
Come back soon,
The Facebook Team
Facebook account deletion with no recovery option is slightly different procedure. Here’s how to delete Facebook account.